Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Week 4

Hello Future Leaders,
Your letters to the President are on their way to the White House.

While writing our letters we got to study more on the Two Presidents that signed the Declaration of Independence, John Adams (2nd) and Thomas Jefferson (3rd). How interesting of the lives these two men led, not only in their daily lives but also in Congressional Office. Can you tell your parents or mentors anything exciting you learned about either one of them?

I think of the most interesting facts I learned about John Adams is that

And as for my most highlighted fact about Thomas Jefferson was his amazing purchase of the French. Do you recall what that was? The Louisiana Purchase! 828,000 square miles of land!

As for both of them, I thought it was completely fascinating to know they both died on the 50th Birthday of America's Independence (July 4, 1826) within hours of each other.

My plan for tomorrow is to match up the Presidents who have led our great country during a time of War.  We might do a time line match and see where it takes us.

While I have a guided class schedule to discuss the Presidents, are there any that you want to discuss? Any thing interesting you know about any Presidents? Please feel free to come ready to discuss during the first few minutes. I am curious at what you will all be teaching me!

Please don't forget to listen to the song! I really can not wait for us all (yep including myself) to stand up there and sing that Presidents Song!

Also Remember in a few short weeks we will be celebrating Lincoln's Birthday. (We might toss in a Happy Birthday for George Washington also.)

I am looking forward to see you all tomorrow.

Teacher Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment